All courses convene in a mentorship format. Small groups of students meet with a highly accomplished working professional artist for fourteen weeks. Courses involve critiques, demonstrations, and discussion of the professional life of the artist--all tailored to the particular needs and visions of the artists enrolled. In addition, each advanced mentorship includes a session with an industry professional such as a gallerist or art director at the end of the semester. This industry guest reviews the artwork of the students. Students in all courses may also observe any other mentorship for free --a $495 value. Plus, after completing an advanced course, all students have the opportunity to publicize their work through a free alumni portfolio page on the SmArt School website.
1. David Palumbo--Showcasing Your Style While Working With Established Characters --Wed 1-4 EST -- spaces still available
2. Brad Kunkle--The Alchemy of Figurative Art Tues 11-2 EST --Class FULL --click for options
3. Ray Bonilla--Impactful Light and Color in Oil Painting Mon 12:30-3:30 EST --- spaces still available
4. Winona Nelson--Gaming Illustration and Character Design, Mon 4-7 EST --class FULL --click for options
5.Martin Wittfooth--Allegory in Contemporary Painting Tues 2:30-5:30 EST --class FULL-- click for options
6. Scott Fischer--Dungeons & Dragons Art---From Concept to Cover Wed 8-11 EST ---class FULL-- click for options
7. Marc Scheff--Beginning Figure Drawing Tues 6-9 EST ---class FULL --click for options
8. Marc Scheff--Beginning Illustration Thurs 5:30-8:30 EST --class FULL --click for options
9. Donato Giancola--Mythology and Narrative Painting Wed 4:30-7:30 EST --two spaces still available
10. Greg Manchess--Portrait as Story Sat 10am-1pm EST --one space still available
11. Sam Weber--Conceptual Illustration Fri 3-6 EST -- one space now available!
12. Dan Dos Santos--Science Fiction & Fantasy & Book Covers Thurs 2-5 ----class FULL --click for options
13. Scott Fischer & Greg Manchess Team Teach Comic Covers, Book Covers & Dynamic Storytelling Thurs 1-5 EST --class FULL --click for options
14. Winona Nelson--Gaming Illustration and Character Design Friday 11-2 EST --class FULL --click for options
For your FREE "audit" option when enrolling in a primary mentorship class, you will need to know the ID # (identification number) of the course. The ID #'s are listed next to to the instructor names above.
*Rebecca Leveille Guay will return to teaching in Fall 2021